Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Humphreys Peak - Flagstaff

On July 10th, I hiked up Humphrey's Peak in Flagstaff. It took me 7.5 hours to reach 12,633 foot summit. That was 2 hours longer than last summer, but I was coming from Wickenburg at 2,057 feet elevation. The night before, I drove to Flagstaff and got a good night of sleep at 7,448 feet, but that only prevented me from getting altitude sickness. Once I was above 11,000 feet I often had to rest and catch my breath. But I made it eventually.

Click on image for a larger photo

Click on image for a larger photo

Click on image for a larger photo

Click on image for a larger photo

Click on image for a larger photo

Click on image for a larger photo

Click on image for a larger photo

Click on image for a larger photo

Click on image for a larger photo

No comments:

Post a Comment