Saturday, September 7, 2019

Cathedral Rock Loop - Sedona, Arizona

On September 7th, I hiked the 8 mile, Cathedral Rock Loop: Hiline and Templeton Trail in Sedona. I also included the steep trail up to Cathedral Rock. I started at 9:00am and hoped to beat the afternoon heat of 97 degrees, but I did not. The hike took me longer than anticipated, and I ran out of water 3/4 of the way around the loop. I had brought only 2 liters of water and wished I had at least 3 liters. But, I was fine, just very thirsty. It's very hot out on the barren slick rock. I also could have bailed out from the trail at any time to a residential neighborhood which were less than 2 miles from the trail. Unfortunately, over development has marred the natural beauty of Sedona, and you never get that wilderness feel on this trail.










No comments:

Post a Comment