Thursday, October 24, 2019

Vineyard Trail -Tonto National Forest

On October 24th, I hiked the Vineyard Trail from highway 188. This trail was harder than I anticipated because I had a head cold. The night before, I went to bed with a sore throat and woke up congested, and feeling like crap, but I wasn't going to let that stop me from doing a 10 mile round trip hike. However, I spent much of the hike sneezing and coughing, and resting more frequently. So, at 4.75 miles into the hike I chose to turn around, for a total round trip hike of 9.5 miles, but it was better than not hiking at all. It was a beautiful trail with great views, and I looked forward to a good night of sleep.

Every morning depression and OCD nag at me so I try to get up early and go hiking every day. It's my favorite way to start the day. However, I'm going to wait for this cold to pass before I hit the trail again, and I also have to work the next few days. Instead, I'm going to use my free time to find new trails.












Trailhead is located by the road.

The trail I hiked. It was 4.75 miles one way.

No comments:

Post a Comment