Wednesday, January 29, 2020

New River Road Campsite

This is where I camp on New River Road near Lake Pleasant, and it's only 11 miles from my job at Walmart in Peoria, Arizona. It's quiet, and nobody ever drives near me. The desert evenings are peaceful and I always read until midnight before going to sleep. Then I rise with the morning sun. My bed is in the back of my Honda CRV, and it evolves on a daily basis, as I try to make it more comfortable. It's pretty comfortable now, but I'm still trying make it better. Last week my air mattress had started leaking so I bought some lawn chair cushions from Walmart, and now I am filling in the gaps and dips with towels and foam mattress toppers shaped into strategic pieces. It's uneven and lumpy but getting better, and I sleep good.


No comments:

Post a Comment