Tuesday, June 8, 2021

Dugas Road Campsite - Prescott National Forest

This morning, I had a doctor's appointment in Phoenix, so last night I camped a few miles east of I-17 off Dugas Road in the Prescott National Forest. It's not near any towns so it is rare that anyone else camps here. This semi-desert grassland is in the Lower Mogollon transition zone at 4,000 feet elevation. The Sonoran Desert lies to the south, and the Colorado Plateau is to the north.

That is Estler Peak on the left at 4,252 feet. About a year ago I hiked to the summit. It was pretty easy since the prominence is only 233 feet.

With nobody around for miles, I woke up free of depression. My only distress was that I had to return to work at Walmart the next day. But at least it was in Cottonwood. So far after one month, I like this store better than the one in Peoria. However, I miss my coworkers from Peoria.

Me in the evening.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment