Sunday, June 16, 2019

North Wilson Trail to Sterling Canyon Overlook

Wilson Mountain is a flat-topped mesa and the highest vista in the Red Rock - Secret Mountain Wilderness. Yesterday, at 7:30am, I started I hiking up Wilson Mountain for a second time, but this time I began my hike at the Encinoso Picnic Area, and my destination was the northern edge of the plateau. It was 9.4 miles round trip, and I encountered very few people on this beautiful trail. It's a strenuous hike with 2,200 feet of elevation gain, which is why there are so few people. This is the best hike in Sedona, and you will discover incredible views and solitude. I only passed about 6 other hikers in 7 hours, and I was the only one at the overlook.

Long hard hikes are the best thing for my OCD. The exercise and sunshine greatly diminishes the frequent nagging of OCD.  It's usually still there, but I am able to quickly push it away with very little effort and anxiety. Everyday, I'm thinking about my next hike, and that's a lot better than indulging in the twisted logic of OCD.












No comments:

Post a Comment