Wednesday, August 26, 2020

I started my 24 mile hike in the eastern Sierras at Agnew Meadows and followed the Shadow Creek Trail up to Shadow Lake, and then to Ediza Lake. I got here the day before my hike and slept in my car because my OCD said what if I can't find a place to park. On Monday morning the lot wasn't even half full. Hope I learned something about my OCD. I also check and recheck my backpack. I even brought 3 water purification systems, my Katadyn Hiker Filter, my Sawyer Squeeze Water Filter, and Aquatabs water purification tablets. My OCD keeps saying "what if this happens"?

My second day on the trail I hiked 7.9 miles on the John Muir Trail to Garnet Lake, and Thousand Island Lake where I camped for the night.

On my third day on the trail I hiked 9 miles on the Pacific Crest Trail / High Trail back to Agnew Meadows. Every morning I was up at sunrise, and hit the trail at 7:30am.

The Sierra Nevada Range extends 165 miles along the California/Nevada border between Los Angeles and Reno. The Inyo National Forest includes over 2 million acres of pristine lakes, winding streams, rugged peaks and arid Great Basin Mountains. Elevations range from 3,900 to 14,505 feet, providing diverse habitats that support vegetation ranging from semi arid deserts to high alpine meadows.







































No comments:

Post a Comment