Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Saddle Mountain - Tonopah, Arizona

This was my second time to the 3,037 foot summit of Saddle Mountain. The mountain is a "volcanic upthrust", and is composed of tuff and rhyolite. The climb is short at 1.6 miles each way from the trailhead, and the gain is nearly 1,600 feet. I parked farther away so it was 4.5 miles round trip. The trail ends at the saddle and finding the easiest route up through all the Teddy Bear Cholla on the steep mountainside can be challenging. The best way is to head southwest to the cliffs, and then follow the cliff's edge northwest up to the summit.











The summit straight ahead.

The cliffs I walked along.

Me on the summit.

View from the summit.

Looking at my car far below the summit.


Looking back at the summit.


Saddle Mountain

My route from my car.

No comments:

Post a Comment