Sunday, September 5, 2021

Blowout Creek - Prescott National Forest

I returned to this new trail system that opened up in 2020, to walk off-trail in Blowout Creek and look for rattlesnakes. The trail has amazing views of Mingus Mountain, and the Verde Valley. So nice that this area is now closed to motorized vehicles. It had been getting trashed. The trailhead is located on Mingus Ave., a short distance after the pavement ends. Unfortunately I didn't find any rattlesnakes.

I hiked the 551 trail 2 miles to the intersection of Blowout Creek, and then I hiked 1.25 miles off-trail in the dry wash to trail 556. The elevation gain was about 388 feet. It took me 1 hour and 32 minutes to hike the 3.6 mile loop.




The 3.6 mile route I hiked.

All the trails I have hiked so far at Blowout Wash.

No comments:

Post a Comment