Sunday, August 29, 2021

Little Granite Mountain - Granite Basin Recreation Area, Prescott

The 7.2 mile loop hike around Little Granite Mountain took me 4 hours and 22 minutes, with approximately 1,000 feet of elevation gain. This time I followed the trail counter-clockwise. It took me 44 minutes to reach Blair Pass which is 1.75 miles from the trailhead. At this point a trail heads north up Granite Mountain. Granite Basin is part of the Prescott National Forest. The trail wanders through areas of chaparral, rocky hills, and pinyon-juniper pine woodland. This was my second time doing this beautiful loop. I began my hike at the Metate Trailhead near Granite Basin Lake.

These are my happiest days when I am on the trail and not working at Walmart.
















My 7.2 mile hike.

No comments:

Post a Comment