Monday, January 3, 2022

Elephant Mountain - Cave Creek, AZ

I hiked 6.6 miles round trip up to the 3,926 foot summit of Elephant Mountain. The ascent was 1,936 feet. This was my second time up the mountain. The first time was on November 18, 2020. It's a steep hike and climb. Lots of loose rock and cactus to avoid. I fell 3 times on the way down, but not even a scrape. The entire hike took me 5.5 hours. First, it was 2.8 miles to the saddle. Then a half mile to the summit. Since the steep and faint trail has lots of loose rock it took me about 1.5 hours to go that short distance.

Elephant Mountain

Elephant Mountain


It was 2.8 miles to the saddle, which took 1.5 hours.

Looking back at the saddle.









Me on the summit.

Looking east from the summit.




My 6.6 mile route.


No comments:

Post a Comment