Sunday, June 26, 2022

Fay Canyon - Sedona, AZ

I hiked 4.8 miles round trip on the western ledge of Fay Canyon in Sedona. Very few people know that there is a trail up here, and I didn't see anybody. It took me 4 hours and 50 minutes. I did a lot of wandering about. I started by hiking up the Bear Mountain Trail. The social trail begins at 0.6 of a mile and took me 26 minutes to reach it. From there I reached the dry wash in 1.8 miles, and it took 1 hour and 15 minutes. I ended my hike part way into the west fork of Fay Canyon at 2.2 miles, and that took 2 hours and 16 minutes with a side trip up to Mystery Cave. On the way back I climbed down to Sunrise Ledge.


At 0.6 of a mile is the social trail on the right.


























The social trail connects with the Bear Mountain Trail.

My 4.8 mile hike.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment