Thursday, February 20, 2020

Skull Mesa - Tonto National Forest

I had been eyeing this spectacular mesa for at least a year. The hike is 12.3 miles round trip, and I had been unsure if wanted to tackle it. However, I had finally made the decision to go up there. The hike took all day, and I trekked back to my car in the dark with my headlamp. But it was an awesome hike. I started the hike at the Spur Cross Ranch Conservation Area in Cave Creek. Ultimately, it really was not a difficult hike, just long. At the top views are amazing! Setting goals like this help my depression. It gives me something challenging to prepare for. Then instead of focusing on my annoying OCD, I focus on Skull Mesa rising high above Cave Creek.




















































Crested Saguaro







No comments:

Post a Comment