Thursday, March 5, 2020

Upper LaBarge Box Canyon - Superstition Mountains

This was a very difficult hike to the box canyon, and around Battleship Mountain. The hardest section is the 1.5 miles off-trail in LaBarge Canyon. It took me nearly 2 hours of bush whacking, and boulder hopping across the creek to navigate this beautiful canyon. At the end you are rewarded with the narrows where soaring stone walls rise straight to the sky. The entire hike was 9.5 miles, and it took me about 8 hours.

Whenever I have a day off from working at Walmart, I'm out hiking. It makes me feel good. It's my medicine for the mind and body. The trail clears my mind of OCD, and I also have type 2 diabetes so hiking keeps my blood sugar normal.
















LaBarge Canyon



LaBarge Canyon



LaBarge Canyon



LaBarge Canyon



LaBarge Canyon



LaBarge Canyon



LaBarge Canyon



I brought my tripod with. This is the box canyon.



LaBarge Canyon



LaBarge Canyon







Boulder Canyon



No comments:

Post a Comment