Monday, March 9, 2020

Marcus Landslide Trail - McDowell Sonoran Preserve

I decided to do a long but easy trail since last weeks hike was extraordinarily tough. It was a sunny day, but as usual I felt depressed in the morning, and I needed to get out on the trail, but I also had to do laundry and go to REI and buy new hiking boots. So I walked this gently sloping 6.6 mile loop through the low desert. I began my hike on the Marcus Landslide Trail, then connected to the Boulder Trail, then to Pemberton Trail, and finally followed Rock Knob Trail back to my car. After 3.5 hours I felt much better. The trail refreshes my mind.

I've been working about 28 hours a week at Walmart, and that's cutting into my hiking time, but I need money coming in. If I wasn't working I would be depressed too because of a lack of income. I'm also getting bored of Peoria, Arizona. I easily get bored. Generally speaking, I like to move around a lot and live in different Arizona towns. By June it will be too hot to sleep in my car in the Valley, and every day now I am looking for a new job at a higher elevation. A job also keeps my mind off my OCD, even if it is Walmart.

I brought my tripod with.







The Marcus Landslide



Rock Knob Trail



Rock Knob Trail

No comments:

Post a Comment