Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Dacite Mesa Loop Trail - Superstition Mountains

I began my 7 mile hike by trekking up West Boulder Canyon on the Carney Springs Trail to the saddle. The saddle is reached in 1.9 miles, and took me 2 hours. Then I traveled east/northeast across Dacite Mesa, and then down to Fremont Saddle. From there I headed quickly down Peralta Canyon because the temperature was approaching 100 degrees. At the trailhead it was another hot walk for one mile along the road back to my car at the Wave Cave Trailhead. I only saw one person the entire time I was hiking, and that was in Peralta Canyon. The hot desert brings wonderful solitude to the trail.

Carney Springs Trail


Dacite Mesa

Dacite Mesa

Dacite Mesa

Dacite Mesa

Dacite Mesa

Dacite Mesa

Dacite Mesa






















 

No comments:

Post a Comment