Thursday, October 1, 2020

Wedding Cake Hill - Apache Junction, Arizona

Since it was 102 degrees, I did a sunset hike up Wedding Cake Hill (Old Turks Head). It's in Apache Junction, at the southern edge of the Superstition Mountains. I started at the Hieroglyphic Trail parking lot at 5pm. It's a scenic and easy hike to the base of Wedding Cake Hill from this trailhead.

Hiking back to my car was challenging even under the light of a full moon, and I used my headlamp. It was often hard to see the trail coming down Wedding Cake Hill in the dark. It was much easier and faster once I was back on the Lost Goldmine Trail. This is a beautiful short hike.

Lost Goldmine Trail

Lost Goldmine Trail

Wedding Cake Hill

Wedding Cake Hill

Wedding Cake Hill

Wedding Cake Hill


Wedding Cake Hill

The summit.


Me on the summit.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment